The Generalitat Valenciana covers different self-government institutions under which Valencia is politically organized. The Valencian Statute of Autonomy (News
) regulates the functions, which include education, health, justice and others. It is dedicated to advancing the Valencian community by implementing information and communications technology (ICT) through the many modernization plans it has put forward. To that end it has deployed the Alcatel-Lucent (News
) OmniPCX Enterprise solution to address many of the challenges it is currently facing under the existing infrastructure.
The challenge for Generalitat Valenciana is to lower the traffic and maintenance costs associated with using the legacy decentralize TDM infrastructure. This will require consolidating platforms and networks in order to simplify the structure within the department, streamlining the organization to improve customer service and enable new applications.
According to Alcatel-Lucent the business and technical benefits will deliver a homogenization of communications services among all the departments of the organization, dramatically reducing costs from service provisioning to maintenance. The platform will also ensure seamless transition from legacy networks as well as support for next generation applications. The products, solutions and services are:
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8660 My Teamwork Conferencing and Collaboration
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniTouch 8460 Advanced Communications (News - Alert) Server
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 4760 Network Management System
- Professional Services
The OmniPCX Enterprise features include:
- Intuitive telephony experience with dynamic vocal and graphical guidance available on desk phones, conference phones, fax devices, wireless DECT (News - Alert) or WLAN handsets and software clients
- Native off-site mobility support allows a single contact number, reverses calls and on-call services, and is open to any mobile
- Native contact center application
- Native VoIP software clients on Microsoft (News - Alert) PC, Apple Mac, Apple iPad, AppleiPhone
- Strong integration with visual and mobile collaboration software and infrastructure, including OpenTouch conversation and HD video conferencing
- Open interfaces to a large ecosystem of applications leveraging embedded monitoring, routing, location, notification, and hospitality APIs
The centrally managed gateway provides high-density connectivity for analog and digital phones, and trunks with digital or IP-connected cabinets. This includes media gateways that provide media and security services with business continuity options. The flexible device and trunk connectivity supports native IP, SIP, digital and analog ports.
The platform works on Alcatel-Lucent LAN/WLAN networks and other vendors’ networks, with delivery on appliances and on VMware virtualized infrastructure. The high scalability of the platform has been deployed in multi-national Fortune 500 companies.
Edited by Adam Brandt