The Next Generation Communications community was not short on interesting developments despite the short week in the United States because of the Thanksgiving holiday celebration.
Timing is everything it seems. As you will see in our feature section blog, we had insights on a posting by David Geary, who this week was named Alcatel-Lucent, President of Wireless Division. In other news relating to community host Alcatel-Lucent (News - Alert):
- It showcased numerous mobility solutions at a recent event in Dubai, UAE.
- The company’s OpenTouch Conversation solution was certified by Apple on iOS6.
- And, in breaking news the company announced that it was enabling LG Uplus to deliver superfast broadband services to residents of major South Korean cities, and had teamed with Bristol Tennessee Essential Services (BTES) to provide 1 Gigabit broadband service to all 33,000 residential and business electric customers of BTES.
In other industry news, Quantance (News - Alert) announced it is increasing production of Q845 qBoost Envelope Tracking Power Supply which improves data upload speeds, network capacity and service coverage for smartphones, tablets, Wi-Fi hotspots, and other high-speed mobile data devices.
While wireless in the form of Wi-Fi topped the featured stories but there were also interesting developments on other fronts that caught the attention of our editors.
- TMCnet Contributor Mae Kowalke reviewed 12 crucial areas that communications service providers should consider when offering outsourcing services.
- Kowalke also reviewed a recent Enriching Communications blog that highlighted how Japanese carrier DODOMO is leveraging service enabler innovations to move up the value chain and increase profits with new services.
- A new study, 2012 Cloud Networking Report, examines current challenges to cloud adoption and what enterprises need to know to transform their data centers and the networks they rely on. In fact, you are invited to download the complete report here.
- TMCnet Contributing Editor Susan Campbell, had an interesting piece on how the BYOD (bring your own device) phenomenon is helping drive the transformation of data centers.
- Campbell also looked at a fascinating posting by David Geary, Alcatel-Lucent’s newly named President of Wireline on why innovations in the landline business are enabling operators to provide broadband solutions to customers faster and in the case of VDSL less expensively.
With a long holiday weekend ahead for those in the U.S., I have a couple of suggestions for your reading enjoyment. First, check out two Alcatel-Lucent TechZine articles:
If you missed the webinar, SDN: Let’s Cut The Hype, What is the Reality?, now would be a great time to get caught up on the latest developments in data center network. In addition, do not forget the community Resource Center. It is constantly being updated with whitepapers, videos and case studies. In particular, the whitepapers, Alcatel-Lucent Instant Convergent Charging Suite: Convergent Rating & Charging Solutions and Turning Small Cells into Big Profits are very informative as are the featured eBook, Innovating Innovation, and the whitepaper Creating Your Smart Grid: A How-To Guide.
Finally, take some time to enjoy the featured video on Embedded OTDR.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.