Partnerships and collaboration among businesses is increasingly important as the business landscape shifts from independent actors to an ecosystem of increasingly interrelated firms. Illustrative of this trend is Alcatel-Lucent’s (News - Alert) enhancements to its Alcatel-Lucent Partner Program.
“I have learned many things in my career in sales and one of the most important takeaways is relationships matter, and relationships that truly take into account the needs of others are the most successful,” wrote Mike Allen, VP of partner sales for Alcatel-Lucent, in a recent blog post. “That is exactly what we have tried to do with our new program.”
Designed for system integrators, value-added resellers and distributors, the new Alcatel-Lucent Partner Program stresses three key areas:
- Certification to show that partners are highly qualified
- Market development funding
- Deal registration protection and rebates.
“Unlike many partner programs, our approach is based on a two way value exchange,” noted Allen. “It is focused on value creation through long-term collaboration, rather than on a pure project-based relationship. To that end, we want to engage with a limited number of select partners in a given area.”
As a video by Allen explains,tThe Alcatel-Lucent partnership is specifically focused on helping partners create differentiation in the market through the combination of the partner’s area of specific expertise combined with Alcatel-Lucent’s innovation through Bell Labs (News - Alert) and Alcatel-Lucent research and development. This focus enables the Alcatel-Lucent partner to propose complete, integrated solutions that best meet a customer’s needs.
The Alcatel-Lucent Partner Program has three certification and accreditation tiers to that end.
The three tiers include:
- An advanced tier for partners who have trained their employees on products in one technology specialization.
- A master for partners who have trained their employees on more than one technology specialization and can sell and support more than one Alcatel-Lucent application and network solution.
- An expert tier for partners who have established deeper expertise in one specialization and are capable of performing more complex functions based on increased knowledge.
Specialization helps Alcatel-Lucent partners leverage Alcatel-Lucent’s complete portfolio of end-to-end transport solutions, fixed access solutions, and network services, as well as its professional, managed and support services, according to the company.
“Partnership is not a new concept,” said Allen. “But I believe that our approach is the best way to create market differentiation and work together to deliver the right solution to every customer.”
Edited by Peter Bernstein