The integration of mobile communications into organizations is providing new solutions for employees, customers and partners to communicate more efficiently. This efficiency is allowing for better collaboration using existing platforms or through deploying new technology. The Catholic Education Office deployed the Altatel-Lcent OpenTouch solution to update its administration and support function throughout the organization.
The challenges the Catholic Education Office faced included maintaining the existing End of Life (EOL) multi-vendor platforms and homogenizing multi-vendor / legacy platforms for support and ongoing management purposes. It needed to find a vendor capable of providing enhanced features and functionality to support the education industry (Whiteboard recording, multi-site web seminars, interactive whiteboards) capable of providing a single platform to support all CEO sites in hosted platform architecture.
OpenTouch delivers a wide range of communication services ranging from world-class business telephony to the most advanced multimedia collaboration and mobility services on a single platform. The platform addresses the communication requirements of up to 1,500 employees and 3,000 devices with advanced business communications, multimedia collaboration at the office and on the go, contact center functionality and management services. Having all these solutions on a single platform lowers the total cost of ownership.
The platform can be delivered as pre-installed appliances or as a software-only version running on VMware. This design allows organizations to lower the cost and effort of provisioning, testing and managing new servers as well as not installing new software every time a new communication application is deployed.
Some of the benefits of Open Touch include:
- Advanced communications to connect people, processes and knowledge
- Enterprise-grade communication services, including state-of-the-art telephony and a wide range of professional terminals
- All important calls are identified and answered
- Innovative multimedia collaboration solutions that boost productivity, facilitate mobility and decrease travel costs
- Employees are reachable anywhere and on the device best suited for their location
- Customers, partners and colleagues can easily and securely join OpenTouch voice and content-sharing sessions from outside the enterprise firewall
Additionally, teams that are geographically dispersed can be connected with multitasking between IM and voice session for better engagement with contextual video and content sharing interactions, reducing travel expenses.
Edited by Adam Brandt